How to Prepare for Potential Homebuyer Viewings
Now that you’ve decided to sell your home, it’s important that you showcase your home. In order to receive the most for your home you should follow some of these helpful hints to make your home invite potential buyers:
- Make sure your home is always clean. All beds are made and all household items are stowed in their proper place.
- By keeping your home clean it also ensure that your house smells good. This is extremely important. The first thing a buyer experiences when entering your home is smell. Open windows, use air fresheners and candles. You can also cook cookies to make your home smell like the buyer is home already. The sweet smell is very inviting.
- The kitchen and bathrooms should always be impeccably clean, no exceptions. Dirty kitchens and bathrooms are turn offs for potential buyers.
- Curb appeal is also very important as it is the first thing the buyer see’s. Hire a professional landscaping company to come and trim the grass, weeds, hedges, bushes, trees etc… After that maintain the curb appeal of your home, this will really show well to potential buyers and make them remember your home.
- Bugs/Pests can scare any good potential buyer away. It would be in your best interest to hire an exterminator to be certain all pests are eliminated from your home.
- Keep in mind that buyers are usually out looking at 5-10 properties at a time. Your goal is to captivate their interests while they are in your home. It is very easy to forget the features of a home when a buyer is looking at 10. Be the home that buyer remembers. Nothing triggers an individual’s memory like smell and visuals.